Training for Size Plan
This tailored plan is designed to increase muscle size. The plan includes heavy compound exercises which will work each of the muscle groups once per week, with machines and free weights. The plan can be used by both men and women.
You will train on a 4 day split routine, resting on Wednesdays and the weekends. To get the most out of this program you need to be eating large meals, at least 5 times a day.
Nutrition Guide for Building Size
1. Make sure whatever you do regarding the intake of calories they are Quality and not just Quantity for the sake of it.
2. You will again need to monitor yourself in the mirror as it will be virtually impossible to add quality muscle without accompanying body fat as you may need to eat over and above what is needed for maintenence to gain size- You cannot have your cake and eat it.
3. Some experienced weight trainers refrain from force-feeding.They train hard but smart but let their hunger for excess calories be dictated by the body-very natural and wise !
4. You should be sensible enough to know when you are over-doing it and pull the stops. Listen to your body. What is the point of putting on that much weight over time so much so that you cannot tie your shoe-laces without getting out of breadth ?? Or, your newly acquired “size” is impeding the efficiency of your workouts???
5. Take your campaign in phases of 8-10 weeks with an equal “cooling off” period to allow the body to get its bearings or risk the onset of overtraining and injury.
6. Expect no more than 4-6 lbs of muscle during this period, even less if you are a connoisseur of Quality rather than Quantity.
7. Know thy bodytype and know thy limits- The attainment of size and all that it entails is not coded in the genetics of all and sundry. We can all improve our physiques if we apply the right kind of attitude and discipline; that in itself is an achievement. Anything more is an added bonus.