Below are some motivational tips to keep you going over the Christmas period 🙂 .. and to help you into the new year!
If you like myself sometimes struggle with motivating yourself for training, we are all human of course and need things to motivate us! Obviously it would be nice if motivation grew on trees, but as yet this has not been tried or tested as far as I know?! So we continue to look for inspiration in any way shape or form! Here are some things that have inspired me before:
1. New Gym Clothes! – Believe it or not but new attire puts a fresh outlook on your session! .. Get yourself to the January sales and get some new training attire! .. I was doing this as often as possible, but after a while it got a bit costly having a new outfit for each session 😉 .. So I had to cut down .. but every few months even if it’s just a new top, it helps me.
2. New ‘Choones’ on the Pod! – Nothing to motivate you better than some new up to date music! .. download anything from new Chart music to your own personal tastes!
3. A new Training Program! – The same exercises get boring over and over, and even stop having an effect after a few weeks, so if you’re unsure on new ideas, ask gym staff, it’s their job to help at the end of the day!
4. Find a photo of your ideal body! – Find the photo of the one person you would love to be in the same nick as, rip/cut/print it, and frame it/stick it on your fridge/carry it in your wallet/put it in a key ring/stick it to your forehead, whatever works best for you!
5. Create a Goal! – Whether it be a bodybuilding competition or a bike –ride, if you have a date of an event that you need to be in shape by, then you can work out your short term goals for what needs to be achieved each week!
6. Buy a Clothing Article! – Whether you want to lose weight, put on weight, put on or lose Muscle-mass, if you buy the size clothing you need to fit into, it is then there in front of your eyes everyday to motivate you! .. You may struggle with this one however if you just want to improve fitness levels … in which case maybe a heart rate monitor is your best bet!
7. New Supplements! – A new brand, a different supplement or even a change in flavors can stimulate your interests! After all, variety is key!
8. Keep a Training Diary! – This way you can record progress and see how you need to improve without putting too much pressure on that brain of yours to remember it all!
HAVE AN AMAZING DAY!
Looking for a personal trainer? Contact Beth for a free consultation: