Morning Healthy people! : )
For those of you who are feeling a little frumpy or a tad on the squishy side after over-indulging on a Summer holiday, here’s a bit of a kick start for you to get in the right mind-set of returning to a healthy lifestyle pronto !! ..
The rumour is true that diet is equally as important as your training in shifting weight or maintaining a healthy body.
So before you pick up another biscuit to dunk in your Tea this morning, take a read of the following top ten foods to detox. And hopefully it will give you that push to get back into the gym, or for those of you already busy grafting, to improve some aspects of your daily diet.
1. Green leafy vegetables not only help with detox but they also help protect the liver. They can be served in many forms or even pureed into a juice for faster results.
2. Another food that is high in vitamin C is Lemons and even more helpful with a detox is lemonade simply because of it’s liquid form, but make sure it’s fresh!
3. A perfect veggie to help detox your body is Watercress! You can throw it in Salads, soups and sandwiches and it’s natural diuretic gets things moving.
4. Green Tea is full of healthy antioxidants and even contains catechins which speed up liver activity. It’s important to drink plenty of fluids to keep your body hydrated while gong through a detox.
5 & 6. Two more foods which are easily added to just about any meal are garlic and sesame seeds. Both help protect liver enzymes and also help to clean out everything that doesn’t belong.
7 & 8. The most important green leafy vegetables are Broccoli and Asparagus. Both are high in fibre and help stimulate enzymes.
9. Psyllium is similar to oat bran but more versatile. You can purchase it as a powder and it will help in cleansing your colon.
10. Fruit, fruit and more fruit. Everything from Strawberries to Mangos are all full of Vitamin C and are of course delicious and easy to add to any meal or as a dessert.
……. Time for a trip to the Supermarket maybe?….. : )
Any questions you have feel free to shoot my way, I will be more than happy to help. A healthy lifestyle means a happy you! 😀
Call Beth for a free consultation